According to Brian de Haaff (The One Word That Will Make You Rich on LinkedIn), being rich is about achieving what you have dreamed of accomplishing, and using the word “done” can confirm you’ve achieved it.
Similarly, Glen B. Alleman in Performance-Based Project Management states that being able to define what “done” looks like is the basis for project success.
So, if getting things done brings happiness and success, and completing projects successfully is getting things done, who could be happier than the project managers of successful projects?!
Alleman gives advice on increasing the probability of project success through answering “Five Immutable Principles”:
- What does “done” look like?
- How are you going to reach “done”?
- Do you have all the resources you need to reach “done”?
- What impediments will you encounter along the way to “done”?
- How are you going to measure progress towards “done” in units meaningful to the decision makers?
And this article is... “done”!